UFC 229 PBP/Discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by PuertoRican, Oct 6, 2018.

1. 2bet

2bet Orange Belt

Khabib jumped at that Dillon Danis guy outside of the octagon, meanwhile one of Khabib's guys jumped into the cage to suckerpunch Conor

2. Mortex2

Mortex2 Green Belt

That is the thing about Chechen people they are brave in packs... Never 1 vs 1 fight. Sucker punch from a team mate of Khabib clearly illustrates that. I think this is going to be Disqualification.

zeckdo likes this.
  3. MidgardSerpent

MidgardSerpent Brown Belt

Don't forget what Conor did with the bus incident isn't much better, people got hurt there too and they still allowed him to fight.......the UFC even used it as promotion material. People can't be fine with what Conor did and be outraged at Khabib for incidents of similar severity. Conor was also involved in some Cage rage event shoving and getting into an altercation with a ref. It's gonna be ridiculous if this event will somehow turn Conor into a 'hero' and Khabib into the bad guy.

Not condoning what Khabib did fyi, but the hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

They are saying one of his corner men cracked Conor too? Wow way to ruin what could have been your ascent to the top of the sport. Everyone thinking it's a bunch of thugs and lowlifes get a lot of ammo.

5. MT6ix

MT6ix Blue Belt

After watching both Ferguson and Khabib fight tonight. I think Ferguson can break Khabib over 5 rounds with his pressure and pace. Not sure Khabib can keep Ferguson down over 5 rounds.

t6p and zeckdo like this.
  6. MidgardSerpent

MidgardSerpent Brown Belt

You don't have a livestream for an event like this? You're missing out man.

7. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Paper belt

LOL... Dana refusing to give Khabib the belt.

What a night

Barkus and zeckdo like this.
  8. mkess101

I've been saying it for a few years. Tony is a terminator with an endless gas tank. You can stun him but you can't finish him and he just comes at you harder after because he just doesn't get tired.

t6p and MT6ix like this.
  9. stretcharmstrong

stretcharmstrong Purple Belt

So Insane. So tired but need to stay up for post fight action now....

greenmouse likes this.
  10. mkess101

I just got home from a family event I couldn't miss and watching on my phone was a no go. Was sneaking peeks here for updates.

11. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Paper belt

Yes.. I will be big on Tony when he fights Khabib. Used to doubt him but he is on another level.

The pace and pressure he puts on people is not human. Also he has a huge offensive arsenal.

t6p and MT6ix like this.
  12. Mortex2

Mortex2 Green Belt

If i were UFC, I would declare that fight a no contest. Cut Khabib, and make an example of him. But of course, money is first and foremost... Disney cut Jimm Gunn for saying sh it on twitter. None of the poetic justice will be served here, cause UFC will be afraid that Bellator will pick up Khabib. I would take a stance and cut him.

zeckdo likes this.
  13. ill800

ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

Well khabib got the job done. I think Conor did better than everyone expected

Post fight was madness. Khabib will be getting fined and suspended. That was just stupid

Managed to get out of my Conor action hitting fdngd

Up about 10 units on the night

14. wack3d

wack3d Silver Belt

true guess they cant do anything to Khabib after that and it pretty much says fighters can just do whatever now with no penalty... sad to watch and goes against everything Martial Arts is about imo

15. lifeisgood12345

lifeisgood12345 Green Belt

What happens if they change that fight to a no contest and strip Khabib? Bets still have action?

16. ill800

ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

17. mkess101

So now Khabib won't be able to get a green card or Visa to fight here?

LOL what a fucking disaster. Tony is crazy enough to go fight Khabib in Russia of they don't strip him. Shit...just craziness.

zeckdo likes this.
  18. theantso

theantso Blue Belt

Happy to get the win on Khabib. I saw alot of good bettors having conor. Didn´t get time to tape. Bummed about my bet on volkan, especially as i had fewer units on him, luckily i got another unit on khabib pre-fight but not third party tracked, oh well. 1.58 for volkov and khabib - shoulda put more on khabib my most sure bet, i felt had had a 70% chance of winning - hard to put percentages and arrogant, but i liked his odds tu around 1.40 or so. Didnt wann aput more on him due to no tape watching though.

Hope all did well here tho! volkov bettors, i feel you. shit happens, a good bettor doesn´t get stopped by that.

Overall a good night of fights, once again tho my golden rule, never bet without tape watching holds up - never lucky lol no matter how big the fav, or how few seconds left lol. Well we live and we dont learn i guess.

Absolutely crazy about khabib though - but like someone already pointed out, what about conor and the bus attack? That was just as bad - people started bleeding etc..so if they dont let this slide like they did that thats messed up

However the guy who assault conor - should be charged. That was messed up.

Also damm khabib glad he sort of listened to his conor and took conor down...looked like another al quinta where he wanted to do what he wanted - if you guys remember his conrer was pissed at him in round 3/4 in that fight too for not taking him down.

Great fight though! Glad to have Khabib right even though i only put 2 units on him - was mostly to just get it tracked lol. was pretty confident..volkov showed big improvements so far, but black beast made another tybura fight...damm he´s like third round romero now..can´t count these guys out it seems!

Small loss on the night due to volkov. On to the next one!

danareem likes this.
  19. PuertoRican

PuertoRican Silver Belt

20. mkess101

Who is the little guy in the black t shirt that Conor is scrapping with for a second before he gets sucker punched from behind?

21. Mcgregorian

Mcgregorian Green Belt

Happy for Khabib to be kicked out of the UFC after that and i am pretty sure he will. Carries on the story well. Khabib wont get back in the country either....