SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Week 127 - Hereditary

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by europe1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

2. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

<TheWire1>

One thing about the way the film was shot as it zooms in on the diorama's is that at the beginning of the film we see a shot zoom in on Peter's room as they are getting ready for Ellen's funeral. The first shot tells you that Peter is the focus, he's the target in all this.

I timestamped here showing the scene.

With the dolls/mannequin at the end of the film its also interesting that King Paimon was in Charlie's body and she was making all these toys that were like the mannequin at the end that had her head on it.

[​IMG]

She even makes a toy with the birds head on it that looked like this.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And then at the end the mannequin in the treehouse had her head on top of it.

3. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Yea I can honestly say I've never heard that term. I looked it up and was like hey, that's not a mathematician, that's a person who just knows a lot of shit. Still cool though because almost all the guys that wrote about the 72 demons of hell were physicians, astronomers, mathematicians, and polymaths. Seems kinda weird that men of such learning would write about the hierarchy of hell.

Tufts likes this.
  4. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Its a slow burn but the last act is a motherfucker. The classroom scene where Peter smashes his own face after seeing his reflection smile at him had me going, wtf. Annie flying out of Peter's room and then getting on the ceiling was creepy as hell which fits because one of King Paimon's abilities is flight. Then of course Annie sawing her own head off. That had me shook. I had to strain a bit to not look away. There was just a lot of creepy shit in this movie like when they did the seance in the basement and Annie started talking like Charlie. The husband had to throw a glass of water in her face because the entire thing was devolving into panic.

I really think its well done, better than well done. Most horror movies are absolute shit and when you find a gem like this its special. The director was quoted as saying, "Hereditary is a film about a family that's going to hell"

The whole family went to hell.....

5. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Probably the cult. Annie could have but she didn't seem completely out of it until Paimon took over her body at the end.

FrontNakedChoke likes this.
  6. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

nvm, Musterx beat me to it.

7. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

Good point. I've also found so far that movies like that tend to generate interesting discussion, even if they aren't the most appreciated or well liked by the group.

8. FrontNakedChoke

[​IMG]

Tufts and MusterX like this.
  9. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

I'm pretty sure Paimon set all that up. Charlie eating chocolate cake with nuts, c'mon, you telling me she couldn't taste the nuts, see the nuts, crunch the nuts in the cake? Yet she ate it anyway. The choice of chocolate cake is perfect too because chocolate is known as the devil's temptation. Then she sticks her head out the window at the exact moment the pole is going by that had the cults symbol etched on it. It seems to me Paimon sort of hypnotized Peter there and was like, just go home, go to bed, everything will be fine in the morning. It was a supernatural event.

Not as random as you might think. As I said in another post Aleister Crowley is known to have tried summoning Paimon and Paimon is one of the most powerful of the 72, most loyal to Lucifer, and has two lesser kings as his attendants. When summoned with his lesser kings he also has 25 legions of spirits he commands but normally the text says he commands 200 legions of spirits. If Lucifer had a left and a right hand, Paimon would probably be one of them. He's way above most of the other 72 demons.

In fact, there is actually a distinction made by most of the writers I posted between the 8 kings, the princes, the duke's etc. Some of them are basically devils, or evil spirits, the 8 kings are actually fallen angels that were kicked out of heaven when Lucifer fell. Paimon is supposed to actually be a fallen angel or possibly whats called a Cherub, so he's not to be fucked with.

[​IMG]

One of the horrific things that occurred to me is that after Charlie died she was actually in hell with Paimon or with him wherever he goes. Paimon must have grown fond of her since he inhabited her body for a period of years. I mean, fond as a demons fondness goes. That entire family went to hell. What a crazy story that is.

They all suffered terrible deaths. When Annie went to the group meeting she talked about how her father starved himself to death, her brother was schizophrenic and committed suicide but he did say that Ellen put people inside of him. Charlie was beheaded, Annie was beheaded by her own hand, the husband was burned, Peter threw himself out a window, it was not a good time.

True but Charlie was there or it was Paimon pretending to be Charlie because Annie started talking in Charlie's voice.

The entire head banging scene got me shook. I don't know but I got the feeling that when Peter turns around in this scene and sees the naked man, that was somehow a visual representation of Paimon himself. I don't know, he had.....that smile.....

sickc0d3r and FrontNakedChoke like this.
  10. FrontNakedChoke

It just keeps getting worse lol.

That's the one other part I forgot to mention.
    Very unsettling.
    That's how I'd describe the whole movie.

Alright well...

Gotta go and try to sleep now..

[​IMG]

F*** off Paimon!
    Stupid goodlooking demon man.
    Flying around into peoples bodies.
    Making them cut their own heads off n shit.

you're not welcome here!!!

[​IMG]

11. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Steel Belt

This might not settle well with me. As per the title, it seems like their souls never had a chance.

Tufts, FrontNakedChoke and MusterX like this.
  12. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Hereditary can mean DNA, bloodline, etc. I find the concept interesting because in Biblical scripture bloodlines matter. That's why in the Old Testament it breaks down in a very boring and long winded way the entire bloodline of Jesus. Why do that? Because for whatever reason, bloodline matters. Think about the Jews sacrificed animals in the Old Testament, that's blood sacrifice. Jesus himself was a blood sacrifice for atonement. Its always about blood. Even with the forces of darkness, Paimon wants blood sacrifice and he's intent upon a certain bloodline or family.

In this families case they were going to hell in a sort of hereditary way. The father though just got caught up with the wrong chick and he got burned. One thing that bothers me is how did the grandmother Ellen die? We never find out about that. She wrote a note to Annie that said I'm sorry for everything that's happened and everything that is going to happen. Her picture in the treehouse said Queen Leigh so I wonder if she killed herself as part of a bargain where she thought she would be elevated to high status in hell. The old bitch was evil, she pretty much sacrificed her entire family.

13. Cubo de Sangre

If we're believing in Jesus then we should be looking to the New Testament for guidance.

FrontNakedChoke and MusterX like this.
  14. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Yea I know but the Old Testament is filled with genealogy. Genesis starts it off with a genealogy of Adam all the way to Noah. For whatever reason these bloodlines in the Bible are spelled out and they mattered enough to record. Anytime you are talking about religion, hell, the occult, it always comes down to bloodlines or DNA. Even some of the Illuminati conspiracies believe in 13 evil families or bloodlines.

15. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

I got that feeling, too. Maybe all the way back to Annie forcing Peter to take Charlie with him was set up. I think free will was mentioned early on, and this family had no free will. Annie said in her first real freak out that nobody ever admits to what they've done. But I think it is because nobody feels they had any choice. Things just happen and they're helpless to stop it. That might also be why Annie is obsessed with dolls and models, as if she and her family are the dolls stuck in someone else's dollhouse.

Which reminds me. What's the significance of Annie sleepwalking and trying to burn Peter and Charlie?

Maybe she knew deep down how it all was going to play out, but her conscious mind had no power to stop it. The kids were born to take part in the ritual, that's it. Her subconscious dreaming mind tried to stop it.

Wow, ok. I'll allow it. Just that I never heard of this effeminate demon before.

I guess so, but then again, Paimon was Charlie for most of her life. Still, I tend to think you're right that Charlie was present.

I'll have to watch the last 20 minutes or so again. I figured those naked people were cultists. But I actually don't remember the sequence or the people very well. It became so frenetic by that point.

16. Cubo de Sangre

No argument there. My beef is with how it intersects with Grace and free-will.

17. Cubo de Sangre

Should have read this before my last post. Well said and I had the same question.

FrontNakedChoke and sickc0d3r like this.
  18. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

I think her subconscious mind knew what's up. If you're the bloodline of the effeminate, beheading addicted, demon, man-girl-king Paimon, how could it not??

19. Cubo de Sangre

Thanks for reminding me.

sickc0d3r likes this.
  20. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

Dude. The rowed mowhawk is amazing.

MusterX and Cubo de Sangre like this.