1. Season 6 of the International Shoop League is now active! Click here to vote on your favorite shoop submissions!

Khabib threatens to Leave UFC if they fire his friend

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Noxcho18, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

Kind of disagree.
    That's a conflict of interest, and I understand your point.
    But a clean sport, with clear rules for everyone is an obvious long term choice for the sport, and for the longevity of the UFC.

Every time they play favorites, they actually harm the sport and their own brand. That's a simple argument to make that would counter any move to play favorites.

Yes, they can promote some people more than others. they can even give them some undeserving title shots.
    But they can't allow some to break rules others not. They could actually get sued by it.

MMAart likes this.
  2. Protectandserve

Protectandserve Black Belt

Well bye.

Dude beat Connor but has absolutely no draw to the casuals.

I dont think he wins this fight mainly due to the athletic commission and the fact that the damn governor of Nevada was impacted by this.

3. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

I think the list of Countries are a lot bigger than you noted.
    and those 2 guys made nothing different than COnor did himself on a Bellator cage. And worse, he attacked a referee, which those guys did not do.
    And Conor got nothing from the AC nor from the UFC, so again, there are precedents, with the same party involved where no punishment were given.

Note: it can happen exactly as you said. I only point out that this is not the first time things happened, and punishments were NOT awarded. There's nothing stating here that they have to happen. And legally, this could be a long drawn out battle that can take years and won't help anyone. (obviously least of all Khabib, but UFC would not win unschathed neither)

4. MMAart

MMAart Black Belt

You mean doing something illegal like throwing a dolly at a bus, injuring multiple people?

drsdv, VitorReem and Broccoli Cake like this.
  5. Alpha_T83

Alpha_T83 Purple Belt

Oh for sure, but those are the ones that might run semi-big MMA events -- except North Korea, that was a joke ;).

Unfortunately special treatment of a high profile athlete does not equal precedent. We may not like it, but that's how the world works. I tried to argue that they can't go easy on Jon Jones, because that will set a precedent. In the end I was wrong -- they will just refuse to give anyone else the deal they gave Jones. It's shameful, really.

Interestingly I'm not sure if the commissions have ever suspended a fighter for his actions at an event, during which he/she was competing. I'm very curious to see how the 2 guys that went after Conor are punished, if at all, by the commissions.

But the UFC absolutely must ban those 2 guys from their organization. You can't tolerate that behaviour.

Shaddows likes this.
  6. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

I respect Khabib's gangsterness on this, but the situations aren't apples to apples. It's not apples and oranges, but they have some pretty important differences.

Artem didn't actually do anything with the bus incident. That was all Conor with the dolly. And Artem was removed from his fight for being there. Khabib's guys actually laid hands on Conor.
    And there is a difference between attacking someone in 'the street', versus a group of guys attacking a fighter IN THE OCTAGON directly after his match.
    Khabib is really downplaying that part of it.
    You can't use shit talking about religion and family to justify those guys actions. If they wanted to fight Conor, in the middle of the fucking Octagon, after a match, on PPV, in front of cops, the governor, the UFC president, officials, etc...is the absolute worst place to do it....like, you should be banned just for being that stupid.

I am definitely in the camp that wants people to be accountable for their words, but there's a time and place, and way of doing it. Khabib just finished Conor---that should have been the end of it.
    Khabib had a role in escalating this whole thing himself. Him putting hands on Artem is what took this from a 2 to a 10.

AyDeeDee likes this.
  7. AyDeeDee

AyDeeDee Blue Belt

No one would care except Khabib's Muslim fans who just realize he existed a week ago. Conor vs Tony is a more entertaining fight.

8. FightGuyOpenMind

FightGuyOpenMind Purple Belt

UFC will survive.

But respect Khabib's resolve, and loyalty.

FrankieNYC likes this.
  9. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Steel Belt

Yes that was stupid as well. You are not helping your case by pointing out something else that was stupid. You don’t jump into a crowd and nearly incite a riot that could’ve ended terribly, and then simply preach about your pride and your integrity was offended. Ron Artest had his pride and integrity offended by a fan. After he jumped into the stands and punch him he was out of a job for one full year.

10. Alpha_T83

Alpha_T83 Purple Belt

I do respect his loyalty if he follows through. However, the UFC can't give into those demands. The 2 guys that went into the octagon after Conor need to be banned, end of story. They can't have that.

FightGuyOpenMind likes this.
  11. BabyFacedAssassin

BabyFacedAssassin Shitpost Belt

Your boy tapped like a bitch

drsdv, Law Dog and xXxGhost89xXx like this.
  12. FightGuyOpenMind

FightGuyOpenMind Purple Belt

They definitely need to be disciplined. I say max them out with a year ban each, plus a fine.

McGregor slapped a commissioner. Granted it was at a Bellator event. However, I think it would be hypocritical to give them a lifetime ban, especially considering they were probably largely responding to provocation they received.

No one was "right" in the situation. I just personally don't think a lifetime ban is justified.

13. SherdogJoe

SherdogJoe Black Belt

I actually love Khabib for this. I hate Dana and the UFC and their abuse of fighters. I love it when someone who the UFC doesn't have leverage over, sticks it to them.

Honor and respect > Money. The UFC has always operated the opposite way and now they should pay.

I still love Conor but besides Khabib being muslim, I pretty much love everything about his attitude.

14. podsox

podsox Silver Belt

15. dethmanrulz

dethmanrulz ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้ค้&#36

I'm not talking about Khabib's actions, I'm talking about his words.

16. Serial Grapist

Serial Grapist White Belt Platinum Member

breh I bet you if we bent you over and spread those ass cheeks we'd find a load from khabib and every member of his camp. The fight is over with it, get over it.

17. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

Nate marquardt

18. VitorReem

VitorReem Geralt of Rivia

Go back to your hole. We’re still all laughing at what a bitch Conor is. Hasn’t been a week yet you aren’t allowed out.

Lasse Stefanz and Rdude92 like this.
  19. AyDeeDee

AyDeeDee Blue Belt

Why should I? Do you cease to be a fan of a fighter just because they lose? What a retard you are lol. Only Conor gets this level of bitter haters who get this horny about his downfall.

Sir Punchalot likes this.
  20. Serial Grapist

Serial Grapist White Belt Platinum Member

Guess I gotta hit you with this too. You conor and khabib fans are pathetic lmao

breh I bet you if we bent you over and spread those ass cheeks we'd find a load from khabib and every member of his camp. The fight is over with it, get over it.