I'm cutting the cable tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by mb23100, Oct 6, 2018.

1. mb23100

mb23100 Silver Belt

Not sure about my internet speed but it's the second from the best they offer. Only the NFL on Fox was freezing. Been watching other programs for a few hours with no problems. Actually loving it so far

2. Stokanator

Stokanator ****STOKED****

I cut the cord almost three years ago and it's the best thing I ever did. Someone I know ;) says Usenet Newsgroups along with SABNZBD, and Sonar you'll never miss a show and the best thing is with a fast internet service or like my Gigabit ISP you can download a 3GB TV show in HD in less than 30 seconds

I've also heard a lot of people still talking about how Kodi and IPTV but I find it to be garbage. It rarely works right, you constantly have to look for new servers, its more frustration that it's worth.

raty tat tat and mb23100 like this.
  3. Dober4

Dober4 Blue Belt

Good to hear man like i said I have tried everything and this is the best. If Sony had any brains they would advertise more and make a killing.

mb23100 likes this.
  4. mb23100

mb23100 Silver Belt

Did you try Hulu live? That's the only other thing I'm looking at. Also I have a one inch black space between the picture and the edge of the screen. Do you have this problem with PSvue?

5. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Gemtor Belt

Hmm.....I got nothing then. That’s seems an Internet issue.

6. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Gemtor Belt

i got PSV’s 2nd highest package, but am only being charged for the base package. Winning!

7. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Just get sling.

8. gassius_clay

gassius_clay Blue Belt

Hulu has Vikings and Rick & Morty

9. Stokanator

Do you personally use kodi yourself?
    I'm curious, do you personally use Kodi with IPTV add ons for live channels right now? I started using Kodi/XBMC 3 years ago and initally it was a great option for live TV. Over the last couple years I've find it to be all but worthless (for TV). No matter what add on my experience is most the channels don't work, and most you time is spent changing and trying to find new servers, and when you do you're lucky if they work well for a few days.

I know there are some closed servers that require you to sign up and pay a monthly fee ranging in all different prices, which I've never attempted. But giving illegitament companies my credit card number for services I don't know if I'll ever receive wasn't a risk I decided to attempt.

Kodi is a great media player, you're better of to use software like Sonar, and use a newsgroup to handle your downloads with SABNZBD.

10. splendica

splendica Brown Belt

I don't know why anyone would worry about 10$ a month for Netflix. I love that site still. No complaints from me whatsoever.

therealdope likes this.
  11. Paul Newbman

Paul Newbman Fool Hand Luke

cut mine 2 years ago. company pays my internet bill and we are sharing a netflix account with family that they pay for. we only have an amazon prime account we pay for.

12. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

With IPTV you just get another app to use. They provide you with login credentials.

13. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Like USENET newsgroups? Welcome to 1991! Let me see if I can compile the newest version of the BSD threaded news reader on my SGI workstation.

14. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card

Hulu > Netflix
    these days

15. catzilla

catzilla size 33 belt

i have youtube tv and love it. you get five or six accounts with it so five of us split it... it cost me 120 a year. also have hulu.. traded that for my friends hbo and use my parents netflix... so im not really missing anything and pay a ton less than i did with cable

therealdope likes this.
  16. TankAbbott4Eva

TankAbbott4Eva Red Belt

I need it for sport, with all the diffeerent passes available for each sport it might be possible one day.

17. Stokanator

Do you always make off the cuff comments about things you've got no knowledge about? With Newsgroup/Usenet I can download any Movie or and TV show 15 minutes after it airs at 60 megabytes per second (and no I don't mean megabits). I download full HD 3 GB 1080i TV show in about 1 minutes and don't bother with a VPN. Why don't you take 10 minutes to look and read about something next time so you don't look like an ass next time!

18. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Relax. i just make random comments sometimes. I didn't know USENET was still active. In fact i only found sherdog through alt.ufc --- which started out as an IT tech group but was taken over by 10 or 12 MMA fans.

What is the group for streaming/downloads? The last i saw of USENET, google was keeping it alive through 'google groups'.

19. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Can you describe what you get with youtube tv? I was thinking of getting it just to finish Cobra kai :/

20. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

The 'you sound poor' of Sherdog.

@Revolver.

Revolver and splendica like this.