Ever been on TV?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by mb23100, Oct 10, 2018.

1. blitzk

blitzk Red Belt

I was interviewed when I was in high school for making the national junior olympic hockey team. I never actually got to see the footage but I know that it aired cause friends at school and family members told me they saw me.

mb23100 likes this.
  2. Squint Eastwood

Squint Eastwood DESERVE

No but I once got trapped in a refrigerator.

3. IIIIIIII

IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

yeah, i went out to a sandwich shop with co-workers one day, and there was a whole camera crew there. they were taking video of the place, and people placing orders. like a week later, this chick at my work said she saw me at the sandwich shop on a local restaurants t.v. show.

mb23100 likes this.
  4. Eazy123

Eazy123 Black Belt

I was on the bozo show

5. SoberAwakening

SoberAwakening Black Belt

I was in a couple of Air Force commercials. It played for a few years, but I felt like a pimp when it played during the Superbowl, Saints vs Colts. Of course it was a 4th quarter commercial, but still.

6. Tone C

Tone C Silver Belt

Yup.

Luckily it was an awful photofit and no-one recognised me.

7. Dr Hannibal Lecter

Dr Hannibal Lecter Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest! Platinum Member

At a restraurant eating a succulent Chinese meal.
    I've starred in a couple movies and a series.

mb23100 likes this.
  8. Cantona7

Cantona7 Blue Belt

Hehe! Same here!

Milord Sir Mangrinder likes this.
  9. Striderxdj

Striderxdj Brown Belt

Was in the background of a movie with Bill Pullman, and on tv riding a float during a televised christmas parade.

10. snowbro

snowbro Green Belt

lotsa times

11. Bme26

Bme26 Blue Belt

About three years ago, a couple buddies and I went to Six Flags (an amusement park in California). It was around Christmas time and they had an event going on that if you buy a Christmas gift with a value of $30 or more, you will receive free entry into the park. Therefore, we stopped at Toys R Us a few blocks down and each of us bought a gift. As we arrived in the parking lot, we thought it would be a good idea to smoke a blunt before we went in and let me tell you, this was some strong shit. Once we finished, we grabbed our gifts and started walking towards the entrance of the park high as shit. As we got closer, we realized there was a big group of people waiting out front (probably around 50 or so). As we got a little closer a couple people from the group saw us and they just started yelling "GIFTS, GIFTS" and all the sudden all 50 people turned around and started yelling the same thing. At this point I didn't know wtf was going on, but the situation was getting super hyped.

Well, we got closer and all these people started approaching us thanking us for bringing gifts when all the sudden a news crew popped up and all I remember is a guy with a camera b-lining it right at me accompanied by another guy with a microphone. This shit just straight put me in shock. I just remember, quickly answering whatever questions they had and dropping off my gift and getting the ticket as fast as I could. It was even more of a trip because everyone was so excited, full of smiles and internally I was just straight trippen out. Needless to say, this was the most random shit ever to happen.

We then eventually entered the park and went straight for Goliath and got in on the first row and tripped out even more.

Ottawaguy and mb23100 like this.
  12. Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit Orange Belt

The first time Humphrey showed up happened when I was in 6th or 7th grade. There was a day when they said you could see it out near the Rio Vista bridge so my friends older sister drove us out there, but we never saw the whale.

That Jaycee Dugard story was crazy. For about a year when I would tell people I used to live in Antioch, that people would always end up asking me how close I lived to the house she was being held at.

13. Ottawaguy

Ottawaguy Gold Belt

A few times in uniform.

14. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft Black Belt

a few years ago i was at the waterfront park in down town portland, just got my face painted and wanted everyone to know how i felt about turtles.

15. I Am Legion

I Am Legion Black Belt

In High School we had 3 televised football games and I was interviewed after the 3rd. I was also interviewed by a local news station, news 12 a few times over the years. Once for Hurricane Sandy and once at a Jones Beach concert.
    The craziest though was I was in a studio audience for a shitty Jerry Springer like show called The Richard Bey show in the early 90s. I asked a question on air. The day after it aired I had dozens of people come up to me saying they saw me. I didn’t t(ink anyone watched that shit.

mb23100 likes this.
  16. 84percentcool

84percentcool Eagle Belt

I'm an unsuccessful voice actor.

Outside of being on the news when I was a nerdy child playing card game tournaments, no.

17. Ichibanner

Ichibanner Purple Belt

I was on TV once. I was filmed at Knoebels Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA by a News Station out of Wilkes Barre, PA. It was on the 6 o'clock news.

I was also filmed for the little known 80's movie Made in the USA. They filmed people going to church. My Mom, Sister, and myself were filmed crossing the street and going into our church. We were told to act normally and not look at the cameras. We really were going to church and had no idea they'd be filming. The following week my Dad and I were heading home at night and happened upon the filming of a street race scene near our house.

They had generators powering mobile street lights. An IROC Camaro and Trans Am GTA (the hot cars at that time) were lined up to race. We were ushered to the side of the road to act like spectators. The cars raced off and rounded a bend beyond our view. They did a few takes and we left. Neither the Church scene nor the street race scene were in the movie LOL. I had friends that were supposed to be in another scene and that ended up on the cutting room floor too.

18. My name is

My name is Your name

I've been on my tv

19. Protectandserve

Protectandserve Black Belt

I've been on a few times at work. Try to avoid it cause if you can be identified on news video it's an owe.

20. mb23100

mb23100 Silver Belt

What's an owe?