1. Season 6 of the International Shoop League is now active! Click here to vote on your favorite shoop submissions!

Do you believe in theory that there was an advanced human race before us on earth?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Panmisiek, Oct 11, 2018.

1. badascan

badascan Pugnacious Audacious Moral Nihilist Platinum Member

its a fact not a theory there were advanced beings around before our "known" history. Megalithic monuments and structures prove it. The people that we know live(d) in the regions of these structures certainly could not produce them...

HunterAcosta and Malvo like this.
  2. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Red Belt

I'm going to be honest, bro. You're kind of freaking me out.

3. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Red Belt

the native american civilizations built pyramids too and never had a wheel.

4. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

Some of you guys don't understand that technological advancement doesn't have a steady linear progression.
    Meso American civilizations had cities and pyramids but didn't have a writing system or even used the concept of wheels except on toys.
    The first printing press was invented in ancient Greece but it wasn't widely adopted and people forgot about it until it was used on on paper.
    Some people were/are still living in hunger-gatherer tribes while others have/had civilizations.

Also, the more technology advances, the faster it advances. It took us longer to invent writing or fire than it took us to invent the computer or the airplane.

5. Gene Tunney

Gene Tunney Black Belt

Sure, it is theoretically possible, but not likely. I'm sorry.

6. 90 50

90 50 Red Belt

A steel building built when the Sphinx was would be gone , zero trace left

7. superpunch

superpunch Silver Belt

Europe, Russia, and most of North America used to be covered by ice sheets. Indonesia didn't used to be islands. It was part of a continent sized land mass attached to Asia. 12,000 years ago -- all the ice -- and all the civilizations in them -- that covered Europe, Russia, and North America were swept away in glacial floods. The entire continent around Indonesia sank into ocean. The coastlines that younger dryas era cities used to be located on were sunk into the sea forever. It was the ending of the ice age caused by a global cataclysm, probably a meteor impact. 95,000 - 195,000 years of human history was completely lost. Civilization didn't magically spring into existence 12,000 years ago. Everything before 12,000 years ago was washed away. The flood myths that are present in every culture -- it really happened. Today, we are the survivors of the few people from coastal cities that managed to not drown and the uncivilized hunter gatherers that lived inland. It's our common human heritage and it's gone forever.

Human history can divided into 2 eras: ice cage/ younger dryas era and post-ice age. Everything before post-ice age is lost to time now due to what happened 12,000 years ago.

8. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Red Belt

[​IMG]

LHWBelt likes this.
  9. WandySaku2

WandySaku2 Purple Belt

We don't find bones, we find fossils and fossilization is a rare process. I can't say for sure, but burying the dead could make that process impossible. What do we make as humans that would be around in 12,000 years? The only thing I can think of is plastics and that could easily be washed away and buried seeing as large cities even today tend to be near great bodies of water, who knows.

Then I think about things we can observe now or were recorded that at least lends to the idea of the possibility. The Great pyramids being older than the smaller, less impressive ones. The idea that the Middle East possibly had an intellectual/cultural setback because Genghis Kahn destroyed their great cities. I don't see why something that surely happened back then could cause something similar on a grander scale.

Would I say they were more advanced than we are, I'd lean towards no although who knows, but I totally believe that our ascension has been more of an up-and-down process and not a continuous rise.

10. Kframe

Kframe Brown Belt

We would still find the crap they made before they went to recyclable tech.

11. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Actually I don’t wonder that because I know those people are mental lol

90 50 likes this.
  12. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

[​IMG]

13. MastercraftG

MastercraftG Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You don't know shit monkey. You know what you've been told....you make a good little bitch.

14. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

[​IMG]

15. zapataxiv

zapataxiv Brown Belt

That’s assuming that they started from a non natural/ recycle based technology in the first place or that they didn’t have some sort of composting or method to reuse old technologies that had become obsolete or were harmful.

The whole point is we are talking about something that hasn’t been proven so we can just make up anything and use it to validate it. For example maybe the ancient aliens were us and we took to the stars after the younger dryas. Occasionally our technologically advanced ancestors come to visit us.

TheLinguist likes this.
  16. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

No. There is zero actual evidence that would suggest there was an advanced civilization here before us.

17. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

I can rule it out beyond a reasonable doubt.

We'd have found remains in geological strata.

18. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

Which monuments do you have in mind? Moai? Egyptian pyramids?

19. ObsoleteSoul

ObsoleteSoul Silver Belt

Managing at the "No Hassle Nipple Tassel Castle"
    It's just as likely as aliens building the pyramids, or earth being seeded by celestial beings. It's a fun thing to imagine happening, but I need some sort of proof before hoping upon that train

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  20. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

Exactly. I will believe it when something other than a damn stone structure is found. I have not problem believing that there were ancient civilizations we don't know about but not with advanced sciences and tech.