Do you believe in theory that there was an advanced human race before us on earth?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Panmisiek, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ichibanner

Ichibanner Purple Belt

Due to the number of historical anomalies still being found I wouldn't discount the theory that relatively advanced civilizations existed in the past and died out for whatever reason. By anomaly I mean things like the Antikythera Mechanism which is as advanced as machines that were built over a thousand years later or the unexplained uranium ore from Oklo, Africa that had somehow undergone fission well before any modern scientist theorized about splitting the atom.

JonesBsample, volodya, Malvo and 2 others like this.
  2. sniper

sniper so poor.... and so black

I dont think theres a specific movie I could recommend. It would be more about taking in as much information about the past as possible, but also focusing on our psychology. We conquer each others lands, erase each others history, and "make up" history as we go along. This is what we have always done.

90 50 likes this.
  3. Haj01

Haj01 Yellow Card Yellow Card

yes, humans are much older than we think.

We were more advanced at one point.

Malvo likes this.
  4. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

I believe we have been somewhat intelligent for a lot longer than we think. I'm 100% positive the pyramids are older than we are currently told. But I dont think ancient society was anywhere remotely close to where we are now..

AZ103 and JonesBsample like this.
  5. shunyata

shunyata Red Belt

Actually we're finding new fossils all the time, both dinosaurs and hominids.

Including hominid fossils that extend deeper into the past some up to 15,000 years old.

But you have to realize that the fossil record is tiny fragments of the life that lived long ago. Most of the matter is obliterated beyond recognition. Only a fraction of a percent is preserved enough to study in the present. As technology improves we find more, but it's a low percentage endeavor.

90 50 and sniper like this.
  6. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

Yes, but again we have found literally nothing to support the idea that there was some advanced civilization only 12,000 years ago. We find bones of human, but never around anything that would resemble anything advanced.

7. MaxMMA

MaxMMA Purple Belt

Agriculture happened.

Track Jipper and Slick_36 like this.
  8. jimbob27

jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

Vaguely possible, but seems unlikely unless all of their technology was made from something significantly less durable than jellyfish. We've found jellyfish from 500 million years ago preserved in the fossil record, yet nothing of any undiscovered advanced humans before us, aside from the ones we all already know about.

Those life after people documentaries don't suggest all traces of our civilization will be wiped from existence. Our own activity is already being preserved in the fossil record. You can take mud cores in an area of deposition and find distinct layers of soot which show the start of the industrial revolution. You can find traces of radioactive shit pretty much all over the planet, dating from the 1950s and 60s when the US and soviets were doing all their nuclear tests. We've buried billions of tons of waste in landfills, which is eventually going to compact down into the weirdest rock this planet has ever seen.

If there were other advanced humans before us, they would have left a shitload of evidence like the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans did.

Jballer, LHWBelt, volodya and 2 others like this.
  9. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

Funnily enough the Egyptians who (supposedly) built the great pyramid didn’t invent the chariot, that was to come nearly a thousand years later from the invading hyksos.

They were 1000 years behind even pre Roman Britain in military tech yet could build the pyramids?

AZ103 likes this.
  10. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal Double Yellow Card

11. jimbob27

jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

Never underestimate the levels of human stupidity.

The chariot was invented around 5000 years ago, yet the wheeled suitcase only became common about 20 years ago. When I was a kid all suitcases were hand carried, and airports had thousands of special trolleys for people to put them on.

[​IMG]

12. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

This

I think there have been kinda "advanced" civilizations that we lost, but "advanced" like mesopotamic fucks, not as we are or even as, let's say, Romans were

Just more advanced than what we associate with that period (4000BC/10.000BC)

Track Jipper likes this.
  13. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

It's not a theory because there isn't any evidence.

It's just conjecture.

Loiosh, Jballer, rj144 and 3 others like this.
  14. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

I wouldn't be shocked. Considering current global warming and water covering some previously inhabited land, evidence of ancient settlements are probably underwater and covered by stuff.

15. lostdog000

lostdog000 Silver Belt

none more advanced than us in the 70s

AZ103 likes this.
  16. Kframe

Kframe Brown Belt

Your rebuttal is destroyed by the very post you quoted. IF we can find dinosaur bones from 200million years ago, finding left over tech from a lost civilization more advanced than us should be no problem.

Senzo Tanaka, Track Jipper and rj144 like this.
  17. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

upload_2018-10-12_11-55-4.jpeg

Still, you’d think a culture that could build that would be beyond chariot level tech but no.

18. zapataxiv

zapataxiv Brown Belt

Microwaved coffee

19. zapataxiv

zapataxiv Brown Belt

Just to play devils advocate because I don’t believe the hype but I like the fiction associated with it. What if said advanced civilization developed completely natural or recyclable tech so to preserve the earth and not destroy it like we are in the process of doing.

Iceberg Slim and 90 50 like this.
  20. punky brewster

punky brewster Black Belt

[​IMG]

Merlotte's and zapataxiv like this.