Body language says it all really

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MescalineDreams, Oct 9, 2018.

1. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Silver Belt

yeah, weed tends to show some things In that sense especially after a long absence. Had a similar experience the day after, dunno If I'd call It scared shitless but It was weird

Payam84 likes this.
  2. m.martin78

m.martin78 White Belt

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

3. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Brown Belt

Yeah man I was really tuned it. It’s like I could feel McGregors emotions. I also felt Ferguson’s love for the game and the pain he feels being disrespected. I also remember understanding that Derrick Lewis doesn’t want to fight and this is the only thing he has to make ends meet. Sorry bro just venting.

Payam84 and MescalineDreams like this.
  4. 613

613 Silver Belt

Completely different. He KNEW he had no chance vs Floyd and he was in a win win situation. He was about to make more money then he will ever make in his life, so he didn't care. He had a shitload of pressure VS Khabib that he didn't have VS Floyd

lsa likes this.
  5. 613

613 Silver Belt

Its not that he didn't care, its that he wasn't confident. Who can blame him? Khabib is the worst stylistic matchup for him outside of GSP

ImWalterHobbs and lsa like this.
  6. Ghostpepper

Ghostpepper White Belt

It's not excuses, it's commenting on what he saw. There was definitely simething off about Conor before the fight.

7. Naterade

Naterade Orange Belt

Never seen Conor so flat footed. He was way to focused on the takedown and trying to defensively grapple than he was on his own game. Look at the Eddie fight compared to this (granted Khabib is a different fighter) he was not fighting his fight....at all

If there’s a rematch he needs to be landing shots/cutting angles every moment at distance and accept the takedowns/minimize damage when Khabib gets them because he will never be able to out grapple khabib defensively.

I felt he was so focused on the takedown it made him fight very abnormally. Maybe that will always happen with Khabib but I think Conor has the ability to make major adjustments now that he has been in there with him.

8. vry pwrful

vry pwrful Green Belt

how delusional can you guys be? he only doesn't have "the fire in his eyes" in his losses?

Tchernobog and lsa like this.
  9. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

Normally I dont buy into the whole "body language" thing, but I did think on his walkout that he didnt have the same confidence.

Somehow, Khabib fans and Conor haters think this is an excuse. Bull the fuck shit it is. It's saying Conor knew what he was up against. For all the hatred people may have for him, he's no dummy. This was his nightmare match up and he knew it.

Whoa Nelly likes this.
  10. legedema

legedema Brown Belt

no need to go much into details.

Khabib is a much better fighter , that simple

Tchernobog likes this.
  11. Whoa Nelly

Whoa Nelly Blue Belt

hearing his coach on Rogan as well, seems the whole training camp was wrong mindset - way too defensive.

Khabib fans relax. Your guy is a T-Rex Caesar Genghis khan mfcker who couldn't have come out better, and in retrospect even jumping out of the cage to attack conor's team comes off as crazy bad ass.

Conor looked like shit, I said this in another thread that even featherweight conor would have been more trouble for khabib that night. He was impotent. Not even that puncher's chance - to the extent that I don't even want an immediate rematch and I'm a nuthugger.

12. Massapiece

Massapiece Brown Belt

Im sorry but his best days in a cage are over.
    Ive been trying to tell it on this site but the McConor fans hate me for it but Conor is a finished fighter on the elite level. Ive been watching boxing all of my life and mma since its infancy and you can spot a finished fighter if you have seen 1 enough times.
    Everybody looks good when theyre winning a fight but when you start to get hit back, and youre starting to tire your heart comes into play, you see a mans spirit in those moments. Weve seen Conors spirit and hes just not a born warrior, no amount of skills/talents/athleticsms can make up for a lack of heart. Conor has plenty of pride but what little heart he had, was beaten out of him in his fights with Floyd and Khabib. Things wont end well for Conor.

13. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

Not necessarily aiming at the ts, but I see a lot of Contards saying Khabib was shook, mentally breaking and was an easy opponent. Yet the fight happens and hardly any of them gives Khabib any props & claims Conor was just having an off night.
    It's pretty ridiculous tbh.

14. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

I think the things you're talking about are the minority and not the general consensus. Unless you got trolled.

15. mikesparrow

mikesparrow Blue Belt

So here is the breakdown for you: Khabib is the better fighter and Conor knew it. His only hope was to enrage Khabib behind control so Khabib would run to him with his hans down. When he couldn't break Khabib mentaly, he was fucked. Conor knew exactly what's going to hapoen inside the cage if Khabib can remain cool. The fight is gonna be one sided.

16. fightsnob

fightsnob White Belt

While I agree to an extent, had he knocked him out in the first round people might have attributed it to his new "serious" approach

ImWalterHobbs likes this.
  17. Dark Individual

Dark Individual Darkness is my friend

Whatever happened to Khabib is shook nuthugger?

{<jordan}

robertcop2 and Tchernobog like this.
  18. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Brown Belt

Chuck with that look in his eyes.
    Motivated Penn.
    Fullcamp Mendes.

Alcohol free Conor?
    Coked up Conor?

MescalineDreams likes this.
  19. Blanqa Blanqua

Blanqa Blanqua Red Belt

Some of these guys seem blinded by hate for Conor.

20. BigDaddyChristopher

BigDaddyChristopher Blue Belt

Everyone knew what was going to happen to Conor..

Basically what I got McGregor wrote checks his ass couldn't cash at the first press. He couldn't double down in the second. He already knew what it was. He showed up got his ass whooped went home. Probably said I'm sorry Artem and cried himself to sleep.

If I'm guessing this story.

Massapiece likes this.