Betting Questions

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jan 4, 2016.

1. BBMN

BBMN Pancakes?!

I figured prepaid card sellers wouldn't do anything. I guess I worry so much about giving out my actual CC info to some company in fucking Panama. I always figured if I get screwed out of $100.... than so be it. They can have that prepaid card, but no way are they getting anything else.

2. WildBoyDan

WildBoyDan We are here for a good time not a long time.

I Normally bet accumulators on MMA fights, and am pretty succesful. Kattar let me down this weekend a £20 bet to return £220. You get decent odds this way even if you are betting on heavy favourites.

Screenshot_20180412-015844.jpg

3. JosephTessaro

JosephTessaro Black Belt

Google can help you decide

4. RayA

RayA Brown Belt

Are you telling me random websites making arbitrary ranked lists of betting websites is a better resource than consulting the intellectuals of Sherdog?

5. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

Unless you are betting events that happen simultaneously, you aren't really adding any value by betting an accumulator (or parlay in U.S. terms).

Say you started by betting your $20 on the first fight, and then just kept rolling the entire amount over throughout all the fights you want to bet. You are still gonna end up with the same payout in the end. The advantage to doing it this way is that you aren't forced into keeping action on a guy if something comes up. Yeah, it would be rare on fight night for something to happen that would make you want to jump off a fighter, but you never know. For example let's say a guy you are gonna bet on has a death in the family that's reported the day of the fights. You are worried about his mental makeup that night. If you had him in your accumulator, you are stuck stil betting him. But if you are just rolling the winnings over, you can leave him out when his fight comes up.

Just something to think about. I do very small accumulators sometimes too for fun, but it's usually round robin style with props that will pay thousands if I hit them all but cost me very little to bet on.

WildBoyDan likes this.
  6. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver Banned Banned

that's why a good cc company trumps prepaid... If false charges occur then boom your account number is renewed and everything else is taken care of .. prepaid literally won't do shit ever !!

i wanna type all my experiences but it would take too long and if my cc ever found out id be out 6 figures ..

unless your a computer savy sob, tricky with businesses, and law breaker id suggest just doing it legit in person and get the real effect .. too many people get hosed on oh well if it's 100 bucks idea

7. wake_me

wake_me Brown Belt

I like bet365

8. JosephTessaro

JosephTessaro Black Belt

yes

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Not a chance.

10. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Any lesser known bookies worth looking into that accept UK users?

11. Squintz

Squintz Black Belt

What does “u” mean?

Anyways I bet 50 bucks on Gaethje at +105 last night. Looks like he may close as a favorite or pickem fight.

12. mkess101

u=unit

Generally people use 1% of their total bankroll as a unit, but not always.

My unit size is $40 for MMA right now.

There's guys here where a unit is probably $5. And guys where a unit is probably $500 or more.

It's just a way to track bets relative to your bankroll really.

Squintz likes this.
  13. Squintz

Squintz Black Belt

Thanks for the insight broham. Is this an American thing or foreign? Lived in the states my whole life and I never heard this reference.

14. mkess101

Both. Some guys don't necessarily want to say the actual dollar amount they are betting. Or sometimes it's just that it's more a reflection of your confidence when you list unit size.

In other words, if your bankroll is $1k and you risk $50, that $50 shows way more confidence than someone with a $10k bankroll that only risks $50.

Squintz likes this.
  15. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

I assume you mean for mma, I use ones like 188bet, netbet, 888, sunbets occasionally for mma, they sometimes have good lines for 1 or 2 fights helps to spread liability around so not to attract attention to more lucrative accounts if they are offering the same prices. maybe ones like boylesprts, bwin,betbright,sportingbet too as they used to be really good for mma lines but been banned for years with them so dunno what they are like now. one that i'd recommend is betonline, some really good money to be made there. it's a hassle to withdraw from but worth it imo.

Yotsuya and vkram like this.
  16. Yotsuya

Yotsuya Green Belt

Which are the most obvious organisations for building fighter records? At least Gladiator Challenge in US and Oplot in Eastern Europe, right?

17. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

I don't think Oplot exists anymore.

Yotsuya likes this.
  18. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

Has Dimes been good paying ppl out recently, not using bitcoin.

19. greenmouse

greenmouse Yellow Belt

Anyone know a site to livebet the prelims? Only one I know is Ohmbet, but been limited there.
    Livebetting is a goldmine people.
    Edit: Betway seems to offer livebetting on every fight except two for saturdays event.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  20. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

marathonbet, and betfair exchange are the only places for fight pass prelims atm, then 365, is your best bet for the main prelims. it depends on the event too, a lot more sites have LB for the prelims if its a ppv than a random fight night often. ladbrokes,whill, 888, coral,betfair SB, betway, boylesports, unibet and a couple others might but haven't checked them for a while.

greenmouse likes this.