Bellator 207 & 208

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by piglord, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Gugabe

Gugabe Green Belt

I'd give Fedor a better shot since punching power, but yeah.

2. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

I was talking about Johnson's dec line. He's obviously gonna try to wall n stall and wrestle Kongo. It's pretty much what Johnson does.

zeckdo likes this.
  3. mkess101

True. But Perosh was a physically weak LHW that Bader was able to basically hold down with one arm and pummel with the other. As flawed as Matt is on the mat, he's bigger and stronger than Bader. So while Bader likely will be able to control him easily with far superior technique, I don't think he'll be able to easily tee off and land a ton of bombs. I could see him wearing Matt down and finishing due to accumulation but like @chemmy said I think it's more a 50/50 scenario that he does (or that Matt lands a bomb and gets the KO). It's just as likely that Bader just grinds Matt out for a 30-27 win.

4. piglord

piglord Black Belt

misread. yeah absolutely johnson dec as always.

mkess101 likes this.
  5. mkess101

As a moderate dog Johnson had good value but you guys bet him too far LOL. I gotta play Kongo now at +130. Fight is a pick 'em imo. Roughly...

Johnson dec 40%
    Kongo dec 30%
    Kongo itd 20%
    Johnson itd 10%

6. piglord

piglord Black Belt

i've heard good things about nallo but can't find any tape. any clue guys?

7. Stunna77

Stunna77 Purple Belt

Got 1.5u down on Johnson at +135, took 1.2u Tokov -120 as well.

8. LiquidNuke

LiquidNuke White Belt

I can't bring myself to bet against Kongo, dude has won so many fights he really should have lost on paper... Great at maximizing his size and what he's got to it's fullest. Spoiler.

9. Bestonian

Bestonian Can't be assed with grammar

Goat Sonnen is always my boy, the best ever to do it, but unfortunately I bet €200 on Fedor on this one. Can't see how my boy Goat Sonnen get's it done. If Fedor can still manhandle a 350lbs of-lard-Mir, he surely can throw Sonnen off himself.

PolarBearPaulVarelans likes this.
  10. CR0W

CR0W BOXING

Seems like forever since I was last on here, 4 months or so I think it's been.

Regarding Mandel Nallo, here's what I know of him if it's any help to anyone.

He's been at Tristar for years, a lot of big names there are incredibly high on him, he trains day in day out with Rory and GSP. Micky Gall commented on how good he was when he trained for his UFC 217 bout at Tristar.

He was also on a list in 2013 of 5 TriStar fighters to watch in the future. (https://mmasucka.com/2013/08/19/fighters-watch-tristar-gym/)

The others on the list were Alex Garcia, Nordine Taleb, Kajan Johnson and Olivier Aubin-Mercier. We all know how well they've done since then and given he was only 1-0 at the time of the article it's clear he's been held in high regard from the very start.

He originally started training Japanese Jiu Jitsu before joing Tristar. His stand up game is typically Muay Thai based, quite a long stance and heavily kicking based.

He's very rangy and actually uses his range well - a nice long jab and overall solid linear striking; jab, cross and heavy use of the teep from both the front and rear leg. He has great dexterity with his kicks, masking them well and not afraid to go for question mark kicks etc. He's very fluid, not afraid to thread his combinations together with a blend of punches into kicks and kicks into punches which often leaves his opponents open as they struggle to see what's coming next.

He's had an impressive start to his MMA career, not faced the best of opposition which always leaves question marks in terms of how good his skills match up with the better, more well rounded guys. He's only been out of the first round once, which again leaves some questions regarding cardio and facing adversity. We've not really seen much defensively in terms of his grappling and TDD, we have seem some offensively and he looks decent, but again the question of oppoent quality makes it hard to get a full, accurate picture. He uses his length well on top and looks strong in top position, and usually works to find a choke rather than land big shots.

Of course training at Tristar with guys as good as he does would lead you to believe he's going to be well rounded and his ground game shouldn't be a huge gaping hole after being there for 6 + years. From what I can find he's also done some training with Robert Drysdale in the past which I'll embed a short video of along with the fights of his I could find.

Of course it could be that Carrington's wrestling and experience does prove to be too much at this stage but at the current price I've played some on Nallo, I think he's absolutely capable of winning.

11. NinjaCat456

NinjaCat456 Green Belt

@CR0W good to see you back man. What's been happening? Your website up and running yet?

12. CR0W

CR0W BOXING

Can shoot me a PM if you like, been running it with subscribers but to be honest I can't really be bothered with it much longer so going to bring it to an end soon. It's good but I can't be bothered with the marketing and trying to promote it beyond what it currently is.

NinjaCat456 likes this.
  13. lefontes

lefontes Green Belt

Welcome back man. Thanks for the infos. Wait for you on boxing thread.

CR0W likes this.
  14. burge13

burge13 Blue Belt

Pretty hard not to bet Sergei at +265. Nelson has a chin, a right hand and stalling tactics. If Sergei can keep it standing and avoid the most telegraphed overhand in the game he should take this right?

Admittedly, I havent seen much of Sergei lately but no way Roy should be approaching -400 against any competent fighter

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 6:01 PM
    piglord and Duck Dodgers like this.
  15. Captain Crunch28

Captain Crunch28 Blue Belt

Any dogs u guys think gonna hit on Friday night? 5 dogs I’m just hoping one hits

16. mkess101

Agree, and at Roy's age even the chin can go at any time.

17. MacPherson911

MacPherson911 Blue Belt

Mandel Nallo is for sure a live dog. Legit skills and I believe Banks is a teeeeeny bit overrated.

18. piglord

piglord Black Belt

i seriously wonder who is playing roy at -350 because this line is off for sure.

19. ill800

ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

I would agree. Nelson is low output and no way should Nelson be this high vs anybody

Sergei can win a decision here

20. sdy

sdy Blue Belt

Kharitonov looked old, fat and slow recently. He was taken down by Vyazigin and Mondragon, and gave up his back both times. His weight was 280 in last two fights(Beltran, Vyazigin). Odds reflect his last performances right but Kharitonov will be probably in better shape for Nelson.