1. Season 6 of the International Shoop League is now active! Click here to vote on your favorite shoop submissions!

AVENGERS 4 Thread v.1

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Or Quantum Realm suits.

2. Zookeeper Gabe

Zookeeper Gabe Animal Feces Engineer

Yeah, why would Thor need a space suit?? That makes no sense, he’s a fucking god. But quantum realm makes a lot more sense.

3. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

No, Skrull War time! They've been introduced in Captain Marvel, and it's great way to transition actors in key roles

Rawex and irish_thug like this.
  4. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

I am calling it NOW.... There will be a surprise guest appearances from the X-Men (Fox version)... Maybe even Deadpool will make an appearance... I WANNA BELIEVE!!!!

irish_thug likes this.
  5. taurus

taurus Tiger knee belt

Not sure if any kind of adaptation from Annihilation storyline would fit in the MCU. It is too complex for the average moviegoer, even for comic book readers (i was on marvel wiki at least 3 times with each comic), spanning over far too many characters and frankly, too many things happen in space, and I think it would not be well received (due to the nature of the villain and it's army).

I'm honestly not sure where MCU takes us after IF2, as this have been a well rounded phases 1, 2 and 3. But i don't think annihilation is the place to go, especially considering the movies in Phase 4 announced so far. If Nova, GotG 3 and Cap marvel 2 have been announced, then i would be more prone to believing Annihilus is the new big baddy.

Continuing from the above, Super Skrull would be great in annihilus story, serving as an antivillain of sorts.

irish_thug and Rob Battisti like this.
  6. Rob Battisti

Rob Battisti HR for HR

I don’t want Skrull War or Annihilus. Both are too convoluted.

I want Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts.

No more faceless armies. Give me better tier 1 & 2 villains.

7. MMouse

MMouse Now you enter...the shredder

Things are getting serious.

8. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

Skrulls wouldnt be faceless, quite the opposite potentially, it could make for great hero v hero matchups like Civil War but without forcing you to pick who's ethically in the right. Might also be an excuse for bringing in FF and mutants. There was an old X-men where they ended up on the Skull moon base where Skrull train to impersonate superheros and they were having trouble mimicking certain mutant powers. That could be used to justify the X-men and FF missing at least, they were kidnapped and the Skrull were having difficulty with the mutant powers and/or were working on Super-Skrull

Rawex likes this.
  9. Squint Eastwood

Squint Eastwood DESERVE

Trying to sell us on matching uniforms in 2018?

[​IMG]

10. TheWorm

TheWorm Red Belt

<Huh2>

11. LuchaBear

LuchaBear The Last Son of Harpy

Do Skrulls get all the powers of the mutants they become? Are there limits? Can Thor Skrull lift Mjolnir and use electricity power? What are they like as their own selves?

Left Hook Lacy likes this.
  12. LuchaBear

LuchaBear The Last Son of Harpy

I thought the leaders of MCU and MTVU aren't on talking terms and don't like each other. This is why there's been zero connections outside of AOS.

That said, if MCU would use any of their top guys in shows, then it would be for the shows on Disney's new streaming network. Get those subscriber numbers up. Cap is too big for that anyways and considering he doesn't want to play Cap right now, there's no way he'd change his mind for a tv show..

13. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Ebony Belt Platinum Member

Hell to the Yeah. If they did Norman Osborne - the Marvel poster boy for extreme mental health problems - right, the Dark Avengers would be sick:cool:

@Dragonlordxxxxx we need your Fantasy Casting for Norman Osborne/Iron Patriot, Daken/Wolverine, the Sentry and Ares - stat!:D

Rob Battisti likes this.
  14. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Yea this makes the most sense especially when you take into account the ending in Antman 2.

MMA since 1993 and KnightTemplar like this.
  15. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Silver Belt

i think @Dragonlordxxxxx has spoken to a cooling between the MCU and MTVU recently but I could be wrong?

And I am not so sure. Chris Evans is not an actor in very high demand. And its one think to not want to commit to the character in any more movies and quite another to do a small TV arc that would not require much time. I would not be so sure that any of the 'retiring' MCU phase 1 characters would not consider small cameo roles and especially if, as you say Disney is trying to promote a new streaming service.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  16. Squint Eastwood

Squint Eastwood DESERVE

There are special Skrulls with super enhanced abilities but the nominal power of the Skrull is undetectable chameleonism. They can form simple weapons with their appendages, like blades or cudgels. They likely have greater resilience, speed, etc. -- but nothing too far beyond the realms of an apex human. They are nowhere near Plastic-Man level.

17. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

fuck those space suits for real.

18. Anung Un Rama

Just to add on, many (most) skrulls use tech to mimic the powers of the meta-human they're impersonating.

See: Fantastic Four 250 --

[​IMG]

HomerThompson and Left Hook Lacy like this.
  19. Anung Un Rama

I'm just mentioning Annihilus as another option for the next arc.
    Skrull Kree War is definitely another, as is Galactus, Age of Apocalypse, Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Victoria Secrets, etc.

MikeMcMann and LilMountain like this.
  20. Anung Un Rama

Annihilation only seems crazy because they haven't built toward it. But, if the FF introduce the Negative Zone (could be epic af (Blastaar for the win), then Annihilation Wave could fit into a 2 part finale. Not my top 5 choice tbc, but definitely a big bad option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.