ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (First Teaser Trailer Released)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Thanks. And to think I almost forgot to post my Aladdin fantasy casting. It was supposed to be done back in Oct. 2016. The project was sidetracked and was dust up back in March 2017. A similar situation with Cable, I already had Josh Brolin as my pick last year but only posted it on April (just a few days BEFORE the actual announcement of Brolin as Cable).

ufcfan4 likes this.
  2. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

Definitely cool choice that I wouldn't have thought of.

I still like Kingsley or Hardy as some have suggested but SBC would be good shit- especially has that tall, lanky look that the others don't

3. Katsumi Yamada

Katsumi Yamada Silver Belt

Not sure if you're trolling, but some people will complain about fucking anything lol.
    He's from Egypt bro. That's a culturally Arabic country in north Africa.

Aladdin is a fictional person from a fictional city.

Based on looks they did a great job.

Congrats on finding the blackest looking photo of him.
    He's not black he's north Africa and already looks middle eastern, like most Egyptian do

[​IMG]

4. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

Because Alladin has nappy hair and black eyes

[​IMG]

Idk if the guy will work or not I'm just saying the dude will require a lot of maintenance just to look the part.

Edit- his eyebrows are on point so they will save time there

5. Dragonlordxxxxx

Kingsley is great (even though he already played a similar role in Prince of Persia). But Kingsley is too old for me to be lusting over Jasmine. At least with Sacha Baron Cohen, the age gap is not as mile wide.

6. Dragonlordxxxxx

How about my pick - Avan Jogia. He already looks the part of Aladdin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatestorm likes this.
  7. TheWorm

TheWorm Red Belt

Guy Ritchie and Will Smith are out of their primes.

Film will be a disaster.

8. Katsumi Yamada

Katsumi Yamada Silver Belt

I enjoyed Guy Ritchie's last movie King Arthur a lot, and I think if anyone else would have seen it, they may have enjoyed it too.
    I also enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes movies a lot.
    Guy Ritchie still has something.
    Couldn't make it past the 20 minutes mark of the man from UNCLE though.

9. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

Yeah I mean he's a white dude but at least he looks the part. Maybe the Egyptian guy is just a really talented actor who can sing really well too.

I'd rather they have pushed the movie back for several years in order to find a better duo- their looks and personalities mean everything with these roles.

10. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

No, Avan is part Indian.

The Egyptian actor is descendant from Coptic people in Egypt, they are pretty much Arabic.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  11. Myrddin Wild

Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

I haven't seen that one yet... but his body of work is stellar & if that one didn't hit the mark, then that's an anomaly.

12. Guestx

Guestx Guest

I haven't seen all his films.

I thought Snatch was good, but the two Sherlock Holmes films were just okay. And King Arthur sucks.

So yeah, like I said, I'm not hopeful. But I'm glad you enjoy his films.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  13. Myrddin Wild

F*cking loved Brad Pitt in that one! All the characterz hit home for me too though.

I'm not saying he lights the world on fire... but all of his earlier work has a certain feel to it... that feel is in the Sherlock movies but I think he was held back a bit... but it's still there for the most part. I did enjoy those Sherlock movies, but like you I did feel there was something missing. I think it was the effect of big business thinking they knew better than Mr. Richie.

If you liked Snatch, then you'll probably also enjoy Revolver & Lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels. Revolver is maybe my fav of all of his due to the psychological stuff. Also cool to see some big (& well known) stars early in their careerz.. I'll put RocknRolla up there too, but they never did a sequel & that bumz me out cause there were a lot of unanswered questionz that I waz speculating on & never got closure. :oops:

Anywayz... Mr. Richie got the goods that I like & I hope they let him do his thing instead of corporatize the project. Either way though... his film making style is unique & I will eagerly look forward to it.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  14. Guestx

Guestx Guest

Well frankly, my fear hear is that he's going to Guy Ritchie the fuck out of Aladdin. And while I think his style works well for a story like Snatch, I'm not sure it's appropriate for a story like this.

Although, considering this is Disney, I actually expect them to have some fairly tight handcuffs on him, just as we've seen happen with the Star Wars films. I mean, we're talking about a beloved childrens' classic here, not a British crime drama.

I'll check those out. I also want to see Man from UNCLE.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  15. Myrddin Wild

Man from UNCLE got mixed reviews but I liked it. Didn't "love" it... but again, I see that Richie style that I love. it's not all about gangsters n violence n stuff (though that is actually some of his best work) there's a certain feel that he brings.

Anywayz... you did make some good points about Disney putting the handcuffs on... but either way I still feel his style will shine through & it's a plus in my book that he'z on the Aladdin movie. That style is actually the saving grace of the Sherlock films. Same story, same actors, & take Richie out of the mix & I don't think the movie would've been as cool. Not saying no-one else couldn't of pulled it off... I'm just saying that Richie's involvement made it better.

I'm not making him out to be a mastermind or something... just saying I like his style & it shows through in his movies. I gotta check out that King Arthur movie. You can imagine I'm into that mythology giving my user name n stuff. :D I was stoked to see it & then got super buzy & kind of forgot about it till you mentioned it just now... lol... I'll check it out within the week now though.

Guestx likes this.
  16. Guestx

Guestx Guest

I'd be curious to hear what you think about it. I thought the first 20 minutes were actually pretty rad but then the movie just goes perpetually downhill from there.

But maybe you'll feel differently.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  17. Myrddin Wild

Right on bro... I gotta crash soon... & work tomorrow... but I'll make a point to check it out as soon as I can & I'll chime in here with my experience. Actually can't believe I forgot about it... lol... I'm super stoked now. I'm on it!!!

Guestx likes this.
  18. Dragonlordxxxxx

We seemed to have similar taste and I know you'll like The Man from UNCLE. It's a 7-ish movie.

19. Guestx

Guestx Guest

It seems like everyone I've talked to at least thought it was "pretty good" or better so I do want to give it a look.

I watched this VFX breakdown on the movie a little while back. It's disconcerting to know that so much of what we see on the screen in movies today just isn't really there.

TidWell likes this.
  20. FrankensteinMMA

FrankensteinMMA Sookies boyfriend

Watch all the trump voters protest..